
I am really, really bad at this blogging thing. But for those who actually do check out my blog here you go.
First and for most we currently live in Tucson. Bryson got a promotion at work, which means extra $$, but with that extra $$ came a very hard decision for me. We moved back in August down to Tucson. We had 2 weeks to pack everything and go. Fortunately during those 2 weeks we were able to find renters for our townhome in Tempe. Bryson is loving work and really enjoying the opportunities he has to learn and grow in the manager position he is now in.
Prior to the move, I had just finished the xc summer camp and had signed up to do a 1/2 marathon the first week of November. Again, this was all prior to moving to Tucson. Anyways, my assistant coaching for xc would have to be put on hold, or at least until i came to town to visit. Lucky for me the head coach and all the girls on the team (23 to be exact) love and miss me, so anytime i want to run with them or come visit i've been given the green light. To be completely honest...i drive to tempe like twice sometimes 4 times in a month, and i usually stay for 2-4 days at a time. Now i know what some of you are thinking...what about bryson? Well i always ask if he wants to come with...but because of work and his new hours most times he can't make it...so i make sure there are leftovers in the fridge and clean clothes for him to wear. He is a big boy, he can take care of himself for a few days. I was also lucky enough that my classes the past 4 months have been online and i can take them from home. Except for the finals...so i'll be heading back up to Tempe in the next week or two to take them.

My 1/2 marathon was on November 7, 2010. I had a goal of completing all 13.1 miles in less than 2 hours. This would be my first 1/2 marathon so i really wasnt sure what to expect or how to even train for one. We moved midway through my training and once i got to Tucson i had issues training (I really can't run with a stroller) needless to say, i slacked off for a month while looking for ways to train and have someone i knew and trusted to watch Caely for me. Evidently i joined a gym, LA Fitness. They have a Kidszone that Caely could play in while i ran, unfortunately that ment the rest of my training had to be done on the treadmill (not my favorite). I got up to 8 miles on the treadmill in 70 min. At that pace i would be close to 2 hours. Race day came, race nerves came early...race started and I was off. It felt good to be 'competing' again...even if i new i wasn't going to get first place. I miss the 'high' of adrenaline...by mile 9 i was on pace to be under 1 hour 50 min. By mile 10 1/2 i hit a wall...in racers terms that means i was tired. It didn't help that at that point there was a hill to run up. I ended up missing my goal by 26 sec. I finished 13.1 miles in 2 hours 26 sec. For my first one, i'll take it. In my age group i finished 29th...but out of 3.384 runners i finished 597. But next time i'll be ready to blow past 2 hours and hopefully cut it down to 1 hour 45 min or even less. Sad part...i had to get my foot x-rayed for a possible stress fracture. Go figure right! I wont know the results until Monday.
I am 12.5 credits away from finishing my program of Medical Transcription. I am planning on craming it all in the next 6 months...trying to finish it so i can focus on other goals. Unfortunately 2 classes are not offered on line. Thankfully Tucson is only an hour and a half away, which isn't too bad. I will still be working for my mom, in fact just this last week in one day I typed over 1,800 lines of dictations...my mom asked if i still had finger tips after that day. Well, as proof that i do this post is extremely long and full of updates all around!

Caely is now 19 1/2 months. Lovin life and still supper smart. She sleeps in her own bed...and not the crib! She can get her shoes on all by herself...and they are on the right feet! She comes up with silly things to say and do all the time. However, she is starting to show signs of the terable 2's early. She screams throws fits daily. My mom and sister say she needs a sibling...well i just finished a 1/2 marathon, and almost done with school so hopefully she will have a sibling in the next year or so. No, no...i'm not pregnant, but we have been talking about when we want to plan out next child. Caely talks in full sentences, can count to 10 on her own and up to 20 with help. She knows the name of her aunts and uncles, and she loves grandma and grandpa(both sides)! She can say all the letters of the alphabet...but not the complete song. If you write out a letter and ask her what letter it is she will tell you. She is a very smart girl. She knows what she wants too. My only problem now is...how do i break the habbit of the bottle before bed? She refuses to take a nap or sleep at night without it.
Anyways check back in like a month for more...i'm going to try and be better with this.
I miss you and Caely! Your marathon is so amazing! I don't think I could even finish running one mile with the state that I'm in! 26 seconds past your goal is just absolutely amazing!! And I'm glad you're almost done with school too, that's awesome! And I can't believe how big and smart Caely is already. So cool!! As for the bottle before bed, you're probably just going to have to not give it to her anymore! You say she refuses to nap or sleep without it, but she really will eventually. You'll just have to deal with her crying about it for a few days. Put her to bed without it and go put headphones on and listen to music if you have to so you can't hear it. It sucks, but it's pretty much the only way! :( Sammy's in the terrible 2s also. His favorite thing to do right now is push poor Benji over while he's just sitting around. I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to get him to stop it! Siblings have their ups and downs! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and let you know that someone does read your blog and is happy you're updating it! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat update! Congrats on the 1/2! That is wonderful.
ReplyDelete